[daip] Project BS077 (Sept.30,1999)

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jun 27 17:26:29 EDT 2001

Hi Peter,

O.K. for a more detailed response.  You should be able
to run FRING only on one scan and that should correct
everything.  Although as you get farther (in time) from
that scan things may no longer be perfectly corrected,
but the phase differences between the IFs should still
be small.  Using PCCOR everything should be perfectly
corrected the whole time.

The things that occur to me when I look at your inputs are:
  -- OPCODE='CALP' rather than "CALI", in CLCAL but that
     shouldn't make a difference.

  -- DOCAL=2; GAINUSE=0 in FRING.  This will apply the calibration
     of the highest CL table.  What CL table are you applying?  That
     is the table you should use as the GAINVER in CLCAL, or your
     results will be wacky.

  -- I notice you are writing to SN#1 and CL#2, have you applied
     the a priori calibration already in another file?

I took a quick glance at the pulse-cal file for your experiment
and it looks reasonable to me.  I would suggest looking at your
PC table in SNPLT, the phases should be slowly (maybe by 10
degrees over 12 hours) and smoothly varying.

Could you send the the messages from PCCOR and FRING?

Thanks,

Amy