[daip] Error updating 99 aips to 01 aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 22 14:21:51 EDT 2001

Kevin Marvel writes:

 > Pat or Eric,

      Pat is backing away from work with the AIPS group.  Address mail
to daip at nrao.edu and we in Socorro will try to help.

 > I ran insall.pl and it appeared to work fine.  I then ran INSTEP2,
 > which reported no errors and INSTEP4, which also apparently
 > had no errors.

      Normally we run update.pl for adding a new version.  This may be
the source of trouble.

 > I then switched the definitions of the versions and did $CDTST
 > and the correct version popped up.

       Do a "cd $LOAD" - is anything there?

       Do a "cd $LIBR ; ls */*" - is anything listed?

        Do a pwd to make sure you are in the 31DEC01 tree not 31DEC00
or whatever.

 > However, when I tried RUN FILAIP, I got a file not found error...
 > and sure enough, FILAIP is not in the 31DEC01 directory structure

        FILAIP.FOR should be in $AIPPGM and FILAIP.EXE in $LOAD.

 > anywhere.  It is in the is in the 15APR99 directory structure.
 > Can I run the old version?  Or did I screw something up that
 > prevented the proper creation of the new FILAIP.EXE?

No - more likely you rebuilt 15APR99 and everything is screwed up.