[daip] Error updating 99 aips to 01 aips

Kevin Marvel marvel at supernova.aas.org
Fri Jun 22 13:21:54 EDT 2001

Pat or Eric,

I successfully got the latest AIPS installed at home and am
repeating the process at work.  However, I have an older version
installed at work, whereas at home I had a clean slate to work
on.

I ran insall.pl and it appeared to work fine.  I then ran INSTEP2,
which reported no errors and INSTEP4, which also apparently
had no errors.

I then switched the definitions of the versions and did $CDTST
and the correct version popped up.

However, when I tried RUN FILAIP, I got a file not found error...
and sure enough, FILAIP is not in the 31DEC01 directory structure
anywhere.  It is in the is in the 15APR99 directory structure.
Can I run the old version?  Or did I screw something up that
prevented the proper creation of the new FILAIP.EXE?

puzzled,

Kev.