[daip] fitld error

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Jun 20 23:37:46 EDT 2001

SHAW JANET E writes:

 > > I can't seem to read in data from a file with aips at all.
 > > I am using FITLD to read in a file (as I have done before
 > > at several other places, but I don't remember if I have
 > > done it at casa this way before).
 > > It doesn't work on fowler or origins having my data on a
 > > variety of disks...
 > >
 > > >go fitld
 > > ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV0E         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 > >  ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6

        These suggest that the system is lacking the special inet
services expected by AIPS.  In particular 5008:

sssin           5000/tcp        SSSIN      # AIPS TV server
ssslock         5002/tcp        SSSLOCK    # AIPS TV Lock
msgserv         5008/tcp        MSGSERV    # AIPS Message Server
tekserv         5009/tcp        TEKSERV    # AIPS TekServer
aipsmt0         5010/tcp        AIPSMT0    # AIPS remote FITS disk access
aipsmt1         5011/tcp        AIPSMT1    # AIPS remote tape 1
aipsmt2         5012/tcp        AIPSMT2    # AIPS remote tape 2
aipsmt3         5013/tcp        AIPSMT3
aipsmt4         5014/tcp        AIPSMT4
aipsmt5         5015/tcp        AIPSMT5
aipsmt6         5016/tcp        AIPSMT6
aipsmt7         5017/tcp        AIPSMT7

 > > FITLD1: ZTPOPD: using translated file name =
 > > FITLD1: ZTPOPD: /data1/ORIGINS_1/C03.FITS
 > > FITLD1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
 > > FITLD1: ABORT!
 > > AIPS 1: Resumes

This on the other hand really tells me very little except that after
opening the file something went very wrong.  What sort of FITS data
are these - UV, image, VLBA UV tables, FITAB UV tables?  What do the
verb TPHEAD and tasks UVLOD or IMLOD do (if not raw VLBA correlator
output).  I may have to get the file /data1/ORIGINS_1/C03.FITS and try
the task here in debug.

Thanks, Eric Greisen