[daip] help!

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 15 14:11:39 EDT 2001

David_Moffett at furman.edu writes:

 > ... need help with INSTEP1
 >
 > error message:
 >
 > INSTEP1: Very well, but please remember to do it soon!
 > INSTEP1: Attempting to compile and link the AIPS 'PP' preprocessor...
 > cp: cannot access /AIPS/31DEC01/APL/DEV/UNIX/ZTRLOG.C
 > gcc: ztrlog.c: No such file or directory
 > gcc: No input files
 > INSTEP1: /usr/local/bin/gcc -c ztrlog.c failed.  Please investigate.
 > INSTEP1: procedure stopping.
 > INSTEP1: *******************************************************
 >

 > what to do?
 >
 > We're attempting to install 31DEC01.  So far I've had to edit the
 > INSTEP1 file to start install of 31DEC01 (it originally wanted 31DEC00).
 > Other than that, we are using a g77 and gcc compiler on a Sun Ultra 10.
 > Also, INSTEP1's attempt to ftp/download the binaries failed (didn't find
 > them - why is that?).
 >
 > I noticed that there is a ZTRLOG.FOR program in directory
 > /AIPS/31DEC01/APL/DEV/,
 > is that what INSTEP1 is looking for?

When did you fetch the files you are trying to install.  I would
recommend getting the latest 31DEC01 tar ball and the install.pl
(and/or update.pl) file and starting from there.  The problems to
which you refer were I believe corrected long ago.   We normally
install now with install.pl at a new site or update.pl when installing
a new version at an old site.  ZTRLOG is not what PP requires any
more.