[daip] IMVIM

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jun 13 15:12:53 EDT 2001

Jared Helston wrote:

> I was attempting to plot spectral index vs. an L-Band flux
> using the task IMVIM today.  The index of the AIPS cookbook
> (15-Apr-1999) gives pages 6-11, and 6-13 as cited pages.  The
> task IMVIM does not appear in text on either of these pages.
>
> Where might I be able to find how to utilize this task?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jared Paul Helston

In the current Chapter 6 of the AIPS Cookbook
(available at http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips/cook.html),
there is a very brief description on Page 6-12
and a sample of the output on Page 6-13.

Sorry for not having the index perfectly up-to-date,
and not having a verbose explain file.  If the
short explanation I referred to above doesn't help,
ask again.  It would be most helpful if you try to
run it even if you don't understand it perfectly,
and can narrow down what you don't understand in
order to ask us for more specifics.

Best,

Jim Ulvestad