[daip] Re: EVNtech: Sampler Statistics

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jun 13 11:13:41 EDT 2001

Hi Steve,

I want to add something to the Jim's e-mail.
You erroniously suppose that
>the high counts should, nominally, amount to ~37% of the  total.
The probabilities of the levels staring with the highest positive one are:
Level I  +n   0.163
Level II +1   0.337
Level III-1   0.337
Level IV -n   0.163

The calculations of the probabilities can be found elsewhere, in particualar
at the Appendix 3 of my VLBA scientific memo #9, February 1995
"Effect of Digitizers Errors on the Cross and Auto Correlation..."
At the same memo you can find the whole concept of the cross correlation
correction using auto correlation. This concepr is used at the AIPS task ACCOR.

Regards,  Leonia