[daip] accor: source id

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Jun 3 16:44:26 EDT 2001

Lincoln,

>ACCOR in DEC01 writes an SN table with source_id = 1 for all solution
> intervals, no matter what source is observed, when the SOLINT is set to
> a small number, (in this case 2.5 minutes - which is much shorter
> than the length of a scan)

Yes you are right. Even more: source_id = 1 for any SOLINT.NE.-1.

ACCOR corrects the ampltude on the basis of mean of the autocorrelation
cpectrum which actually does not depend on the observed source.
That's why ACCOR avarages the signan inside of the SOLINT not paying attention
on the observed source. SOLINT can be bigger than scan (the default SOLINT=0
=> SOLINT=60min) and so can include averaging of several observed sources.
At this case ACCOR does not know which SOURCE_ID to select.
I repeat again ACCOR does not read index table (if SOLINT.NE-1) and so
does not make any difference of the observed sources.

We can continue the disusion tomorrow if you are in AOC yet.

Leonia