[daip] Re: Linux Fortran compilers

James Robnett jrobnett at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jul 30 10:27:41 EDT 2001

   They're in /usr/local
/usr/local/compilers/6.2/gcc_2.95.3/ or /usr/local/compilers/7.1/gcc_2.95.3
and have been for 4 months (since it came out).

    I have several emails in my records that state this.

    On 7.1 machines if you just type gcc you're going to get the one
that gets shipped with Redhat.   You must explicitly select the version
you want.   Considering we have to support 3 (4 now) different versions
for the various projects around the AOC I'm all ears as to how we
can a priori define what compiler somebody will get without knowing
who they are or what they want.

   It's the same setup in CV with one exception, the /usr/local path
doesn't have the OS version in it (it probably should).

   In short there's absolutely no need to install 2.95.3 somewhere else.

james