[daip] g77-2.95 recovery instructions work perfect

Frank Briggs fbriggs at astro.rug.nl
Sat Jul 28 15:26:32 EDT 2001

Dear Eric and Amy,

many thanks for your help with swapping in the gcc-2.95
compilers...  I am certain my overall quality of life
has improved... following your instructions (with minor
adjustments) put everything right in just couple
of hours.  pretty slick.

>  >
> We do not provide binaries for 31DEC01, much less binaries from an OS
> we would not be caught dead using.  I have just added a web page to
> the main aips web page
>
>       http://www.cvc.nrao.edu/aips

Sometime you might say just what it is about linux (or Redhat or Redhat
7.0?) that you abhor ... and point me toward
an operating system that is better.  I thought that it was stunningly
fast ... and stunningly easy to install software (until this 2.96/2.95
business)...  and also a stunningly cheap computer.

thanks agin,
Frank