[daip] binaries in g77-2.95

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Jul 25 16:38:29 EDT 2001

 > After rejoicing at how easy it was to install my personal
 > AIPS in linux RH-7.0 with the `g77-2.96' compiler using
 > the install wizard, (Pentium 3, 256 MB memory),
 >
 > ... I am now devastated to learn that the reason that tasks
 > like TVFLG don't work is that the g77-2.96 compiler is
 > bad.  I don't have the 2.95 compiler.
 >
 > Is there a chance that you have binaries for RH7.0 compiled
 > with a valid compiler that I can copy and simply un-tar into
 > my 31DEC01 directory structure?   Would that work?
 > If so, how might I obtain them?

We do not provide binaries for 31DEC01, much less binaries from an OS
we would not be caught dead using.  I have just added a web page to
the main aips web page

      http://www.cvc.nrao.edu/aips

at the bottom of the colored box giving a step by step approach for
you to try.  Do NOT replace the 2.96 compilers in their standard areas
 - your OS needs them.  Just pick some other area - invent one - and
put them there.  It is pretty easy (Frazer Owen generated much of
these instructions).