[daip] Re: aips problems in GB

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jul 20 17:19:39 EDT 2001

Yes.  I have turned off the capability to run aips in Green Bank.  If
you people can find an aips manager willing to correct the screwed up
installation there and continue to maintain it thereafter, I will be
willing to assist him/her to get started.  The final straw came when
the "managers" there renamed computers and disks without notifying me
and did not give me any privilege to run cron on the computer under
its current name or to change the disk file names to match the new
name.  I have tried to keep things patched there without adequate
system support and no local knowledge of even what compuetrs exist or
should run aips etc etc etc

I will not do that any longer.