[daip] Problems with AIPS and RedHAt 6.2

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Jul 12 11:29:07 EDT 2001

Many questions:

1. The files of the $DA00 areas are on what computers - SP, TD, etc.?
   The data files (disk 1) are on what computer?  (If you had sent the
   messages that camoe out before the error messages I mught know the
   answer to the 2nd question.)

2. What kernel of RedHat are you running?  (uname -a)

3. Are both stad and lockd running in both computers?

4. What version of nfs are you running - the default 6.2 or did you
   install the new one (vers 3)?

5. Could you please send us the output of the command "mount" on each
   of the 2 machines.

You will see that I regard this as a problem with your installation.
W e run many machines all from one copy of AIPS (with separate
binaries for LInux, Solaris, SGI) and cross mount disks (as
appropriate) with no trouble.