[daip] Problems with AIPS and RedHAt 6.2

Emilio Jose Garcia garcia at iaa.es
Thu Jul 12 08:30:19 EDT 2001

Hellow,

I've a problem with 31DEC01 version of AIPS and Linux REDHAT 6.2

I've compiled AIPS in a REDHAT 6.2 machine and I had not any problem,
and aips works perfect in this machine.
The hard disk of this machine is NFS mounted in others Redhat 6.2
machines.

This machines are defined in HOST.LISTS and I set their system areas
with SYSETUP in DA00.

But in this machines AIPS not work!

I receive this message:

Starting up 31DEC01 AIPS with normal priority
ZLOCK: No locks available
ZLOCK: No locks available
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
ZLOCK: No locks available
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 2 (release of 31DEC01) at priority =   0
ZLOCK: No locks available
ZLOCK: No locks available
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
ZLOCK: No locks available
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 2: You are NOT assigned a TV device or server
AIPS 2: You are NOT assigned a graphics device or server
ZLOCK: No locks available
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 2: Enter user ID number
?      4565
 ZLOCK: No locks available
ZLOCK: No locks available
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD3IT000.3IT;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 2: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:PWD000000;
ZLOCK: No locks available
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD3IT000.3IT;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 2: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)

and die

What's the problem??

Remember, in the master host there is not problem. The problem is in the
machines that mount
the aips disk via NFS.

Thank you very much in advance,

E.J.

        No somos malos porque hagamos el mal,
        hacemos el mal porque somos malos.

                        The addiction. Abel Ferrara.

Emilio Jose Garcia Gomez - Caro               e-mail: garcia at iaa.es
Instituto de Astrofisica de Andalucia (IAA)   Tfn   : 34-958-121311
Centro de Calculo.                            Fax   : 34-958-814530
Apdo. 3004
E-18080 Granada (Spain)