[daip] Mapping of optical interferometric data (fwd)

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 31 15:13:05 EST 2001

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:43:15 -0500 (EST)
From: "Christian A. Hummel" <cah at usno.navy.mil>
To: Amy Mioduszewski <amiodusz at zia.aoc.NRAO.EDU>
Subject: Re: [daip] Mapping of optical interferometric data

Dear Amy,

This morning I upgraded from 31DEC99 to 31DEC01 and the problems disappeared!
This was completely unexpected since I thought old tasks like MX and CALIB
would be virtually bug-free. The bug could have had to do with the large
number of IFs; this is due to the fact that our array, NPOI, has 32 spectral
channels, which are not equally spaced in frequency and therefore need
to be encoded as IFs for AIPS.

Thanks again very much for your help, and next time I make sure to let you
know about the version of AIPS I was using!

Christian.

Dr. Christian A. Hummel
USNO/NRL Optical Interferometer Project
Astrometry Department