[daip] VPLOT (31DEC01) problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jan 26 11:03:56 EST 2001

Michael Bietenholz writes:
 > Its not really broken, but it is rather inconvienient:
 >
 > VPLOT with NMAP != 1 looks for maps with INCLASS
 >
 > XXXX
 > XXXX01
 > XXXX02
 > XXXX0A
 >
 > this is in accord with the description in the HELP file, except
 > IMAGR now produces maps with the classes
 >
 > XXX001
 > XXX002
 > XXX010
 > XXX011
 > XXX512
 >
 > So you can get it to run but you have to rename all your maps.  I
 > think CALIB seems to get the new XXX001 - XXX010 etc series of maps,
 > despite a HELP file that claims it behaves as VPLOT does.  I haven't
 > tried UVSUB

I find this a bit puzzling.  Both tasks are supposed to read (they use
the SAME subroutine) EITHER form of the names.  The task checks for
IN2CLASS characters 4, 5, and 6.  If any of those is not in the range
'0' through '9' then the old form is assumed.  What are your inputs to
VPLOT?

In updating the tasks I guess I did not find the help file's
description of IN2cLASS under NMAPS rather than IN2CLASS.

Eric