[daip] 31DEC00 and 31DEC01

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 2 11:46:15 EST 2001

31DEC00 is now frozen more or less solid.  Those of you running a MNJ
to it need only to run one more MNJ to it (actually no more if after
28 Dec 2000) and then you may turn that MNJ off.

We have begun the process of preparing files for a binary installation
of 31DEC00 and for the CDROMs.  WE will announce when they are
available.

The 31DEC00 AIPSLetter is now available via the aips www page:
    http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips

There was a technical change made to 31DEC01 that is confusing.
ZTRLOG.C was being called with Fortram CHARACTER variables - a
definite no-no.  That C routine is gone, replaced internally with
ZTRLO2.C.  For the pre-processor, PP.FOR, a special version including
a few other C routines was needed.  In $SYSLOCAL, one now wants a link
to the revised $SYSUNIX/PP.FOR (called PP.f) and a link to
$ALPUNIX/ZTRLOP.C (called ZTRLOP.c).  Then the latter is compiled with
the C compiler (e.g. cc -c -I$INC ZTRLOP.c) and then linked to PP.f
(e.g. f77 -O -o PP.EXE PP.f ZTRLOP.o).  There is no change in
functionality, so there is really no need to update your systems for
this.