[daip] trouble in starting aips

Ji Yang jiyang at public1.ptt.js.cn
Thu Feb 22 21:41:56 EST 2001

Dear Colleagues:

    It's our pleasure to install aips in our machine.
    We encountered a problem when starting aips. The X-TV graphics
screen
 does not appear. Next is the messages when aips is
launched:

orion% aips
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the hp
START_AIPS:  - system name lpr, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /software/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for
DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /software/AIPS/DATA/ORION_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: You seem to be at a workstation called orion
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on orion asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on ORION asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC01 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC01) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on orion
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on orion, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: Using screen width height 1270 924, max grey level 196
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on orion, DISPLAY :0.0
STARTPMON: [ORION] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on orion, DISPLAY :0.0

    when task such as uvplt goes, the error message:

no ZSSSO2 connect (INET): Connection refused

appears. So,the graphics window seems to have problem caused by
the shared memory. It would be of great help if you could
point out the solution.

    Thanx.

--
Ji  Yang