[daip] Midnight Job Set-up

Chris Stockdale stockdal at phyast.nhn.ou.edu
Tue Feb 13 12:55:34 EST 2001

Hi (Eric or Pat?),

I am setting up AIPS on a new machine (SUL).  I have it set up on a SOL
system locally already.  I am at the stage in the update.pl where
it is setting up the mnj.  I got the following error message:

MAKE.MNJ - Press <RETURN> to acknowledge...

MAKE.MNJ - You appear to have the AIPS mnj secure shell key; good.
MAKE.MNJ - Attempting to prime the ssh key.  Removing current identities
Failed to connect to authentication agent - agent not running?
MAKE.MNJ - Could not run ssh-add -D; proceed at your own risk!
MAKE.MNJ - Press <RETURN> to continue or CTRL-C to interrupt...

And am waiting to see if this a big problem.  My local sys admin guy is
home sick today, so I can't pester him, sorry!

Thanks,
Chris

Below is a transcript of the entire mnj setup (just in case you need it).
AipsWiz:  =====> Preparing for the "Midnight Job"...

The AIPS Midnight Job is a way to keep your AIPS
installation up to date.  It is secure, relatively
easy, and can be done on demand or in a cron job
(i.e. periodically, daily or weekly or whenever).
It does require that you have the secure shell (ssh)
client installed on your system.

This script will set up the infrastructure for you
to be *able* to run the Midnight Job (MNJ), but you
have the power to make it run or not.

Should you choose to run the Midnight Job, the
'begin date' will be set to 20010212 (YYYYMMDD);
This is ONE day before the generation time
ofof /home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips/31DEC01.tar.gz (if I've subtracted right!)

AipsWiz: ==> If you want a different date, enter it now::
AipsWiz: About to run '/home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips//31DEC01/SYSTEM/UNIX/UPDATE/MAKE.MNJ 20001201'...
AipsWiz: This will generate a fair bit of output.
AipsWiz: As you seem to have the midnight job key, MAKE.MNJ will
AipsWiz: try to verify it, and will attempt to delete any identities
AipsWiz: you may have stored in a ssh agent.  This may generate some
AipsWiz: error messages if you are not running an agent.
AipsWiz: Engaging MAKE.MNJ...

AIPS_VERSION=/home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips//31DEC01
MAKE.MNJ - Moving to /home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips//31DEC01/SUL/UPDATE
MAKE.MNJ - Creating symlinks to files in /home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips//31DEC01/SYSTEM/UNIX/UPDATE
MAKE.MNJ - Compiling utility programs...
MAKE.MNJ -   UPDOBSLT compiled
MAKE.MNJ -   UPDLSTDAT compiled
MAKE.MNJ - all .OLD files created
MAKE.MNJ - LAST*.DAT files created with begin date of 20001201
MAKE.MNJ - Done.
MAKE.MNJ - Setting up your MNJ settings in
MAKE.MNJ -  /home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips//31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/NHNAIPS/UPDCONFIG:
# Created by MAKE.MNJ on Tue Feb 13 11:48:12 CST 2001
ClientName=telemachus
MailList=stockdal,aipsmgr at nrao.edu
ErrorList=$MailList
MAKE.MNJ - If you wish to change any of these settings, refer to the
MAKE.MNJ - comments at the start of /home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips//31DEC01/SYSTEM/UNIX/UPDATE/UPDCONFIG
MAKE.MNJ - and edit /home2/telemachus/leighly/software/aips//31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/NHNAIPS/UPDCONFIG yourself.