[daip] Aips Problem (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Feb 13 11:44:44 EST 2001

Anthony Holloway writes:

 >  We've got a problem with one of the Linux AIPS installations. The
 > students had turned off machine without closing down I suspect. Everything
 > seems to be working apart from one task - LWPLA. If you try to run it or
 > even just look at the inputs all that happens is that AIPS responds ' TEXT
 > INPUT' then nothing. Ive powerered down & rebooted but fault persists...it
 > also persists on several user numbers I tried.
 >
 > --
 >
 >  If not I guess a reinstall of aips will solve matters.

         Surely not!  Unless you want to come up to date which would
be a good idea I suspect.  I did get a remark from one of your users
about UVFLG that may be related to that.  I cannot find the message
TEXT INPUT anywhere.  Are you sure that is exactly what is said?  And
by AIPS or LWPLA itself?  I looked in the routines that do INPUTS and
GO and the POPS error routine (which is what that message looks
like).  Does INPUTS work?

Eric