[daip] Re: [alma-config] New DOT and D resolution results

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Feb 1 15:57:14 EST 2001

John,

We have decided here that such an artificial feature would lead
UVCON too far aside of the main road of AIPS.

However I have modified UVCON which you can use as your private version.
Some comments:

1. BPARM(8) switches the options
2. IF BPARM(8) .GT. 0 then UVCON interpretes the input file data
   as baselines. But UVCON recalculates the input positions to the equatorial
   coordinate system. Threfore to get baselines equaled to the input files
   data, the input file has to have zero(not 1) at the first column.
3. If you want simulate 2016 baseline (corresponded to 64 antennas),
   you need to have 2016 lines in the input files(not 2017).
   The private version of UVCON does not subtruct the first line.
   Instead it consider each line including the first one as a baseline.
4. Baseline are coded in AIPS as 256*IA1+IA2, so there is a confusion
   in the baselines read as a random parameter. You'll see that
   using PRTUV for example. Fortunately IMAGR (as I understand) does not
   pay attention on the baseline number.
5. I have checked your UVCON and it works with my data. But I can not
   guarantee that it will works always.
6. All changes are labeled by the line: CJOHN. It can help you if you
   want to continue modification.

Leonia