[daip] question-ms5sum

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:45:35 EST 2001

Hiroko Shinnaga writes:

 >   I'm trying to install AIPS again to another
 > computer.  I have a question about output of
 > md5sum.  The output of the md5sum was like this;
 >
 > [root at toau AIPS]# md5sum 31DEC01.tar.gz
 > e28bd84619373e392b137aa926935307  31DEC01.tar.gz
 >
 > which was different from the inside of the
 > 31DEC01.tar.gz.md5sum file, like this.
 >
 > [root at toau AIPS]# more 31DEC01.tar.gz.md5sum
 > 2ff9016e19b753cd0892308b731f3e22  31DEC01.tar.gz
 >
 >   Does this computer have problem for the AIPS
 > installation?  I'd like to appreciate your
 > answer.  Thanks a lot.

    This does indicate that the tar file you copied is corrupted or of
a different date than the md5sum file you copied.  Did you remember to
say binary before copying the tar file with ftp?

Is this new computerat the same general site as the previous one?  You
might then be able to share the same AIPS installation and not have to
build two.