[daip] Re: ssh key

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 27 13:17:25 EDT 2001

Pat,

Yuri can be the first name of Yuri Kovalev from Astro Space Center (ASC)
of Russia.

Leonia
----- Begin Included Message -----

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:08:50 -0400
From: "Patrick P. Murphy" <pmurphy at cv3.cv.nrao.edu>
To: daip at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Subject: [daip] Re: ssh key
Sender: owner-daip at kochab.cv.nrao.edu

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:03:22 +0400, AIPS user <aips at avunda.asc.rssi.ru> said:

> Dear colleagues,
> Could you send my the ssh key for The "Midnight" Job?

> Thank you,
> Yuri.

Just before I give the keys away, have any of you (Leonia?) ever heard of
this guy before or have any idea who he is?  I'm a little nervous about
giving out the key to a complete unknown party.  Maybe they're legit,
maybe not.

My UPDSSHD.PL script was written in somewhat paranoid mode, and I don't
see a way of exploiting it offhand, but I can't guarantee it has no
security holes at all.

				- Pat

----- End Included Message -----