No subject

Lincoln Greenhill lincoln at rgalp8.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 6 11:17:03 EDT 2001

Subject: aips_gripe
{06-AUG-2001 11:06:46}
{rgalp8       UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
{   24  31DEC01  DEC}
{lincoln greenhill}
{cfa}
{617 495 7194}
{We have a VLBA UV dataset (compressed) created by VBGLU (2 correlator passes
 of 4 IFs each and 512 channels per IF).

 On occassion, we have data for IF1-4 but not IF5-8, because of the vagaries
 of the correlation processing.  UVPRT demonstrates that for certain baseline-
 time combinations, nothing exists in the dataset for IF5-8. This is at it
 should be.

 However, we notice what we believe are problems with FRING/CALIB/POSSM when
 handling the UV data for these baseline-time combinations.
 (1) FRING and CALIB compute different solutions for IF5-8 depending on
     whether or not the vacant time-baseline combinations are flagged explicitly
 (2) POSSM displays zero amplitude and +180 deg phase for IF5-8 eventhough
     no data is present.

 The result of FRING/CALIB's treatment of the data is the generation of phase
 jumps between IF1-4 and IF5-8, when in fact none is present.

  }
{FRING/CALIB/POSSM trouble(?) when some IFs' data absent following VBGLU}
{greenhill at cfa.harvard.eduy}
{ }