[daip] CROSSPOL/VLBACPOL

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Aug 1 12:42:17 EDT 2001

Hi Joanne,

I have looked at CROSSPOL/VLBACPOL and it turns out that not
setting ANTENNAS equal to anything shouldn't be a problem.
In UVCOP ANTENNAS=0 and BASLINES=something does the same
thing as ANTENNAS=somehing and BASELINES=0.  Also since everything
after this works on the UVCOPied data set then ANTENNAS does
not need to be set.  So I recomend you try VLBACPOL.  The only
problem with it is that the last CLCAL (which I added) sets
ANTE=BASE, which is wrong.  But you can just delete the CL table.
I am fixing this and it should be checked in by tonight.

Also, VLBACPOL checks to make sure that the refant is the highest
or lowest antenna number in the baselines list it does not force
you to use the highest of lowest antenna number in general.

Also, I talked to Bill Cotton about the Cookbook.  He said that
CROSSPOL/VLBACPOL does a FRING just in case the global FRING has
not been done yet so it does not matter if CROSSPOL/VLBACPOL is
done before or after the global FRING.  Although in his opinion
it should probably be done after as FRING is a good way to detect
bad data.  So I think we will change the cookbook back to the way
it was before...ambiguous.

I have the redistribution of your experiment and will start looking
into the CQ problem soon.

Cheers,

Amy