[daip] GETHEAD

Lincoln Greenhill lincoln at play.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:46:55 EDT 2000

Dear Eric,

I have investigated the problem further.

I experience anomalous behavior of GETHEAD for a particular
VLBA data file on which I have run MERGECAL, MSORT (in place sort),
CPASS, FRING, CLCOR, CLCAL, SNCOR, etc as part of a "standard" VLBA
line reduction.

Below I list (1) the end of the file header, (2) a procedure I have
written to list what GETHEAD thinks are the extension tables, and (3) the
output of the procedure.

Please note that (1) for the problem-file, following the BP table, GETHEAD
behaves strangely, (2) a TASAV archive of my FITLD output (w/ no further
processing) does not trigger anomalous behavior in GETHEAD, and (3) a
TASAV archive of the problem-file does _not_ trigger the anomalous
behavior in GETHEAD. Could CPASS cause the problem?
.
.
.
AIPS 2: Coordinate equinox 2000.00
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type HI is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type CL is   8
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type AT is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type NX is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type IM is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type CT is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type MC is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type SN is   9
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type OB is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type GC is   2
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type PL is   2
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type TY is   2
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type WX is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type PC is   2
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type BP is   2
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type FQ is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type AN is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type SU is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type CQ is   1
AIPS 2: Maximum version number of extension files of type FG is   2
AIPS 2: Keyword = 'OLDRFQ  '  value =  4.28140300D+10

AIPS 2:  1 PROC TESTTEST
AIPS 2:  2 FOR I=1 TO 25
AIPS 2:  3 KEYWORD 'EXTYPE'!!CHAR(I)
AIPS 2:  4 GETHEAD
AIPS 2:  5 PRINT KEYSTRNG
AIPS 2:  6 END
AIPS 2:  7 RETURN
AIPS 2:  8 FINISH

AIPS 2: 'HI              '
AIPS 2: 'CL              '
AIPS 2: 'AT              '
AIPS 2: 'NX              '
AIPS 2: 'IM              '
AIPS 2: 'CT              '
AIPS 2: 'MC              '
AIPS 2: 'SN              '
AIPS 2: 'OB              '
AIPS 2: 'GC              '
AIPS 2: 'PL              '
AIPS 2: 'TY              '
AIPS 2: 'WX              '
AIPS 2: 'PC              '
AIPS 2: 'BP              '
AIPS 2: '                '     <----------
AIPS 2: '                '     <----------
AIPS 2: 'FQ              '
AIPS 2: 'AN              '
AIPS 2: 'SU              '
AIPS 2: 'CQ              '
AIPS 2: 'FG              '
AIPS 2: '                '
AIPS 2: '                '
AIPS 2: '                '

Lincoln J. Greenhill      Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Radio & Geoastronomy Division, 60 Garden St, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Telephone:  1 617-495-7194             FAX:  1 617-495-7345
Internet:  greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu   http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~lincoln