[daip] aips_gripe

Stephen White white at astro.umd.edu
Tue Sep 12 10:01:56 EDT 2000

{12-SEP-2000 09:51:16}
{veil         UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
{   69  31DEC99  SOL}
{Stephen White}
{Dept of Astronomy, University of Maryland}
{301 405 1547}
{Request for CALIB to be updated to handle MAXANT antennas throughout.
 I am analyzing Nobeyama radioheliograph data with 84 antennas in AIPS,
 and while MAXANT is set to 90 and CALIB works as long as I use
 defaults for antenna-related keywords, if I try to use DOFIT it no
 longer handles all the antennas: several variables are hardwired inside
 CALIB.FOR which don't allow it to handle MAXANT antennas: ANTUSE is set to
 50, XDOFIT is set to 30 (although GSOLV, which it feeds, is set to
 MAXANT+1), XANT and XGERR are set to 30.
 Also, it would be nice if DOFIT could be used to exclude antennas using
 negative values in the same way that ANTENNA does. Thanks.

  }
{CALIB doesn't quite handle MAXANT antennas.}
{white at astro.umd.edu}
{ }