[daip] ACFIT

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Sep 8 12:06:05 EDT 2000

Colleen,

Let me give you an alternative way to solve your problem.

First of all I suppose you want to apply the same calibration for the two IFs.

Step 1. Create template for the two IFs using UVCOP, SPLAT

Step 2. Apply ACFIT using this template. You will get SN table for the 2 IFs
        with resonable result for the IF=2 and garbage for the IF1
        (I consider the IF1's spectrum is weak).

Step 3. Convert the SN table to the text file using TBOUT

Step 4. Edit the text file to substitute IF1 entries by IF2 entries.

Step 5. Create the new SN table using TBIN with the edited file in input.

I see some advantages of this way:

1. It is rather simple (if the editing is simple (I hope)).

2. You control the whole process.

3. You escape VBGLU

Leonia