[daip] ACFIT

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Sep 7 19:30:16 EDT 2000

Hi Colleen,

Sorry for the delay, had to do other things first.  I'm still not
sure I actually understand what you're trying to do, probably
because I've never done this myself.  (My apologies, but AIPS
is very short-handed at the moment, and we don't have the full
range of experience we'd like to have.)

When you make an SN table, the SN table refers to a specific IF
or set of IFs.  So you can't directly make an spectral template
and SN table from IF 2 and apply it to both IFs.

What I believe you would have to do is to make two data sets
using SPLIT or UVCOP, with a single IF in each. You could then
run ACFIT on each data set, both times using the spectral template
from IF 2.  This would give you an SN table and (after CLCAL)
a CL table for each IF.  Alternatively, I suppose you could do
the same thing by running ACFIT for only one data set, and then
copying the SN table over to the other one and running CLCAL there.

If you do this, then it looks to us as though it's at least
possible to put the two data sets back together using UVGLU
(although we're not entirely sure why it's necessary to do this).

Anyway, try out this process and UVGLU, and let us know if
it works.

jim