[daip] ACFIT

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Sep 7 17:13:12 EDT 2000

Hi Colleen,

>From your first message, I expected that you only wanted to use one
IF to determine the gains.  But now this one looks like you want to
determine each IF separately.  So that confuses me a bit.  Do you
have the AIPS Cookbook?  If not, take a look at it on the web.
Pages 9-33 and 9-34 seem to describe the procedure, though not
quite perfectly.  It looks like you use SPLIT to copy off a
file with the self-spectra.  If you want to use only one IF as
an input, you need to set BIF and EIF in SPLIT to get the one
you want.  Then you run ACFIT, with the multi-source data file
as inname, and the single-source data file as in2name.  Here, you
have to pick which reference antenna you want to use for the
template, and which channels to fit.  This will make an SN table
attached to the original multi-source data set, which you must
then apply using CLCAL (perhaps after running SNSMO first).

Again, let me know if this note plus the Cookbook is enough to
get you there.

jim