[daip] question on fluxing

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Sep 1 11:37:22 EDT 2000

John,

As I understand you want to get one number that is the sum of all the pixels
in a map that rose above a given threshold.

You can try:

1.the task IMCLP with PIXRANGE= -A HUGE NUMBER, YOUR THRESHOLD
As a result you'll have the image clipped at your threshold.

2. the task MATH to subtract the clipped image of the initial image
   You'' have the image with zero's for the fluxes less than your threshold.

3. the task IMEAN to estimate the mean value of the last image.
   Multiply the mean value by the number of the pixel and you get
   the sum of all the pixels in the initial map that rose above a given
   threshold.

It is quite possible that there is a more simple way to make such a simple
operation. But I do not know it.

Leonia