[daip] Re: Rumors of Multiscale?

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Oct 10 14:47:58 EDT 2000

Jason Peterson writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am a graduate student at NMSU and have been trying to utilize aips++
 > for its multiscale clean abilities.  In conversations with a few people
 > in Socorro, I have heard rumors of a multiscale clean algorithm being
 > implimented in AIPS Classic.  Is this to good to be true?  If it does
 > exist, how might I go about getting my hands on it?

     It is one of the many options of IMAGR available in the 31DEC99
version of aips.  I refer to it as multi-resolution and it is no where
near the simple fix-all that aips++ people claim it is.  Nonetheless
it may be usefull in many cases.  If you do not have 31DEC99 consult
       http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips
for information on how to download and install it.