[daip] Re: Your AS689 data has been moved

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Oct 10 13:35:28 EDT 2000

Data Analysts writes:

 > >From ynsu at protostar.asiaa.sinica.edu.tw Sat Oct  7 00:19 MDT 2000
 > From: SU Yu-Nung <ynsu at protostar.asiaa.sinica.edu.tw>
 >
 >    I have got all these files.
 >    But I met a problem to usee FITLD to load the largest file,
 > AS689.000926.LINE, into AIPS.
 >
 >    Enclosed is the error message
 >

 > UVFDAT: ERROR READING TAPE. IERR=     4
 > ERROR      4 RETURNED FROM UVFDAT
 > Destroyed  1 extension files of type HI
 > Destroyed UV image file: catno=    180 disk= 3
 > Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
 > protostar    15APR99 TST: Cpu=      95.1  Real=     361
 >

 >   Do you have any idea about this ?

I am unable to tell just from this what has happened without some of
the messages that precede the above.  Error 4 is an end-of-file
condition - in this case a pre-mature end-of-file.  Perhaps the file
was incompletely written here at the AOC or incompletely copied to the
user's site.  It is possible that the file was too long (if this is
VLBA line data) and exceded the 2 Gbyte file size limit.  If FITTP is
used here at the AOC then the FITS file written to disk is much larger
than the "compressed" file inside AIPS.