[daip] UVFIX and MERLIN

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Nov 29 17:39:26 EST 2000

Dear Eduardo,

UVFIX does not recalculate the antenna positions.
UVFIX should recalculate U,V,W.
UVFIX calculates the baseline projected at the picture plane of the source
given at J2000.
So if the source position is given at B1950 its coordinates are recalculated to J2000.
If  the source position is given at J2000 its coordinates are recalculated
to J2000 and the baseline projected to the picture plane of the source.

You have to take care about the coordinate system of the antennas position.

As I remember UVFIX support well only VLBA and VLA coordinate system:

VLBA: Left hand sistem with the origin at the Earth center; X at greenwitch;
Z - north;

VLA: Right hand sistem with the origin at the array center; X at the local
meridian of the array center; Z-north.

Position of the array center can be given by UVFIXPRM(4-7)

Regards

Leonia