[daip] 4k IMAGRs failing

Joan Wrobel jwrobel at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Nov 22 13:17:39 EST 2000

Hi, Eric et al.

I've been running a series of 4k IMAGRs on pinon, an ultra 1.

Of the 31 4k IMAGRs I attempt, 4 are claiming Mega-Jy pixel levels
for what I know to be < 40 milli Jy sources from 2k IMAGRs.

File ~jwrobel/bw050/BIG-ONE.PRTMSG documents good 4k IMAGRs.

File ~jwrobel/bw050/BIG-TWO.PRTMSG documents some good and some
bad 4k IMAGRs.

File ~jwrobel/bw050/BIG-THREE.PRTMSG shows that the bad 4k IMAGRs
are repeatable, after FITLDing and again CLIPing the UV data at
0.3 Jy.  UVPLT showed no waco data, either before or after
CLIPing.

We can probably achive our main science goals with the 2k IMAGRs
spanning 0.8 arcsec, but I would prefer to widen the search
window to the inner 1.0 arcsec of the 4k IMAGRs.

FYI, the first waco 4k image were made Friday-Saturday, Nov 10-11.

Puzzled,
Joan