[daip] Re: aipswoe

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Nov 21 16:35:12 EST 2000

Lawrence Rudnick writes:
 > Eric - very interesting.  looks like the midnight job
 > re-did the IMAGR.HLP?  the permissions of 40 different
 > help files are the same as IMAGR, and all have dates
 > since Oct. 28.  almost everything else is Sept. 99.

When did you guys fetch 31DEC99?  The ls you sent me just said
September which implies to me 2000 not 1999.  I would guess that that
is the day you linked or re-linked IMAGR and is actually not releavant
to the contents of IMAGR.FOR.

 > -r--r--r--   1 aips     users       99578 Nov  7 09:39 IMAGR.HLP
 >
 > in the $LOAD area, it looks like everything is from the
 > time we did the install, so midnite job may have only
 > changed the HELP?  if so, perhaps I should just reinstall
 > all the help files? (or at least the 40 "new" ones)
 >
 > i have just replaced part of IMAGR.HLP with the piece you gave me.
 > i am going to try imagr again; i'll let you know.

It cannot work if IMAGR.FOR etc are old - we are going to freeze
31DEC99 as 15DEC00 and do a new release.  This is rediculous trying to
fgure out what version of what you have.  I tried your parameters on
"my" data and all ran well.

 > go prtcc now works (just shows no components).  since
 > i did the "compress", perhaps that made it possible?

   A COMPRESS verb inside AIPS gets new adverbs and discards wasted
spce.  The adverb values remain the same.  That cannot change whether
a task is there or not.

ERic