[daip] MNJ failures

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Nov 20 22:29:49 EST 2000

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:11:05 -0700, Eric Greisen
   <egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu> said:

> Your MNJ has been failing because it cannot copy files to
> $AIPS_ROOT/TEXT/STARS

Sally is running the job on her laptop which sometimes appears as a DHCP
(dynamic IP) address in the Colorado.edu domain.  She also runs one within
the LLNL.GOV domain; that one worked.

I suspect the link was not stable enough to sustain the transfer of the
large files (either that or your suggestion:

> You should make sure that you have such an area before trying the mnj
> again.  There should be HTML IONS OFM PUBL and STARS directories under
> the TEXT area.

... is the right one; Sally, if the directory doesn't exist, go ahead and
create it).

> I wonder - Pat Murphy? - if these areas are not being copied/created
> in the daily tar ball?

Apparently not.  There was nothing in there when we first set up the
script to generate the tarball nightly (/home/aips/aipsmgr/do_mnjprep).
It gets HTML, IONS, OFM and PUBL only in the TEXT area.  There are 20
extra megabytes of files there; I'm currently checking to see how well
this compresses and thus how much larger it's going to make the .tar.gz
file; done: 7751225 bytes larger; this will put it over 40 MB.

I've modified the script so it'll include those files effective tonight.

				- Pat