[daip] Help with IMAGR

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Nov 12 15:37:00 EST 2000

Ben Chan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Ben Chan, I've been reducing VLA data with AIPS. I have formed
> CLEANed images with IMAGR but couldn't get it to output the residual image.
> Can you please tell how I could form the residual image.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Ben.

Another option would be to use UVSUB to subtract all the clean
components from your data set, then run IMAGR on this left-over
data set with NITER=0, to get the residual map without the
clean components.  If you've done big maps and deep cleans, and
don't want to do them over again, this might get you a residual
image faster than doing the whole clean over again.

Jim Ulvestad