[daip] problem with KNTR??

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat May 27 15:53:03 EDT 2000

Several problems were found and have been corrected in 31DEC99

a. There was a problem in the algorithm that I do not fully understand
but it could cause lines to go to places they had no business going.
I put in tests for pointers out of range and a recomputation to keep
them inside the 4 pixel area being considered.  This problem, for some
reason, was accute in your data - but there were quite a number of
places where it arose in the image.  Only 2 were really visible, the
one going right off the page.

b. The drawing of long staright lines was done in tiny line segments
making files very long - this may be necessary for dashed lines but
not solid ones.

c. A format was bad for large levels such as arise in your velocity
field.

d. EXTLIST in AIPS had not been updated for the addition of adverb NY
to control the number of Y panes.  This moved everything by one word
and messed up the the CLEV, LEVS display among other things.

Your next mnj after today should correct these matters.  Thanks for
your help - this (a) was a fun (i.e. tricky) one to find.

Eric