[daip] problem with KNTR??

Caroline E Simpson simpsonc at galaxy.fiu.edu
Mon May 22 14:13:13 EDT 2000

Hello,

In both 15APR99 (linux) and 31DEC99 (unix), I've recently encountered a
problem using KNTR. In both instances, I was using a DSS image as an
optical greyscale and the MOM0 map (HGEOMed) as the contour image. In
the .ps file produced, occasionally I get a random "contour" line
running from one of the legitimate contours to some other random place.
The line is straight, and has even run off the plot, causing LWPLA to
generate a VECTORS TRUNCATED error. There are no ST files associated
with these images, and once it happens, it recurs exactly the same way
every time I run KNTR on those images. I can send you a copy of one of
the .ps files if you like.

Also, (another problem?) when I run EXTLIST on my plot files, the
levels don't show properly. I get LEVS= 0.000E0 * 3.38 -- and that's
all. 3.38 in this case is CLEV; the actual levels (0.5, 1, 2, 4,...)
don't show up at all. This is obviously a minor thing; just annoying.

Thanks; please contact me if you need further info.

Caroline Simpson
Dept. of Physics
University Park
Florida International University