[daip] tape listing of VLBA correlator FITS file with times?

Chris Flatters cflatter at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed May 10 16:34:54 EDT 2000

Michael Bietenholz <michael at polaris.phys.yorku.ca> writes:

> I think that if I DBCON them, I will get File2,IF2 wrong because DBCON
> only copies the FQ table from fileA, which will have the right "IF
> FREQ" for IF1 in both arrays, and for IF2 in the fileA, but will be
> using the wrong "IF FREQ" for IF2, fileB.  Am I right about this?

DBCON claims to renumber frequency table entries as needed so you should
end up with 2 frequency IDs, one of which corresponds to the first file
and the other to the second. I am not confident that the difference in
reference frequencies will be accounted for properly, however.

If you want to combine all of the data into a single map, this will not help
anyway since you can only map one frequency ID at a time. If this is what you
want to do then I think that you need to split both files into their
constituent IFs and then DBCON the resulting 4 files (DBCON should not
allow you to join single IF files B1 and B2 to a dual IF file A).

	Chris Flatters
	cflatter at nrao.edu