[daip] Re: very large images

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 22 15:24:19 EST 2000

morrison at ipac.caltech.edu writes:

 >   I've been using KNTR to display RED radio contours overlaid on an optical
 > image. I make the largest image that will fit on my screen (AIPS TV) then use
 > TVCPS to make a color postscript file. Then I print this out on our 36" wide
 > color printer here at IPAC.
 >
 >   Now, my question is: I need to print out a region that is too large to fit my
 > AIPS TV window. I can print out the whole image if I make it just a greyscale
 > using KNTR with DOTV=-1. Is there any way in AIPS make a COLOR ps file that is
 > very large--that does not involve displaying the image first on the AIPS TV?

         Almost - you can go into the AIPS PostScript file made from
LWPLA and add

1 0 0 setrgbcolor

right after the

newpath gsave

line, then all lines will be in red and all text and grey-scales will
still be in black->white.

You can experiment with putting it later in the file to get only the
contour lines in red.  The PostScript files are really pretty simple
in structure and easy to edit.

Eric