[daip] A bug report of the 15OCT99 AIPS

Y. Kitamura kitamura at pub.isas.ac.jp
Fri Mar 10 06:38:33 EST 2000

Dear NRAO AIPS staff;

Here is a bug report (QCLEAN) for the 15OCT99 release of AIPS.

My name is Yoshimi Kitamura in the Institute of Space and Astronautical Science
of Japan.
I'm working in the field of radio astronomy,
and I often go to the Nobeyama Radio Observatory in Japan for our observations.

Thank you very much for sending me a CD-ROM of the 15OCT99 Aips.

Now, I'm trying to install the AIPS on DEC Alpha 667 MHz with Digital Unix
4.0F.
The INSTEP1 has been successfully done.
But, in the INSTEP2, the following fatal error has occurred!

Of course, I've got the newest version of QCLEAN.FOR from the NRAO web.
After the first failure, I tried again by enlarging the process stacksize
and datasize.
(The memory size of my workstation is 1024 MB.)
But I could not succeed.

Could you help me?

===========Error Log  =================
COMRPL QCLEAN.FOR
COMRPL    : Date       2000/03/10 19:56:08
PP        : Preprocess /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/Q/SUB/OOP/QCLEAN.FOR
PP        : into       /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.f
FC        : Date       2000/03/10 19:56:09
FC        : Interpret  FC  \
FC        :            /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.f
FC        : as         LIST=FALSE PURGE=FALSE
FC        : plus       f77 -fpe0 -v -static -u -c -tune host -O5 -assume
noaccuracy_sensitive -align dcommons -mathlib fast -speculate none \
FC        :            /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.f
/usr/lib/cmplrs/fort/decfort -fpe0 -noautomatic -warn declarations -tune
host -O5 -assume noaccuracy_sensitive -align dcommons -spec
ulate none -switch fe_platinum -o QCLEAN.o
/usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.f
fort: Fatal: A memory access violation (bus error or segmentation fault)
has occurred.  Please submit a problem report.
FC        : Compile of /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.f
FC        : ends with fatal error(s)!
FC        : Examine    /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.LOG
FC        : and        /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.f
FC        : Dies of unnatural causes
COMRPL    : Compile failed!
COMRPL    : Deleted    /usr/users/aips/15OCT99/ALPHA/PREP/QCLEAN.f
COMRPL    : at least one module FAILED to compile
COMRPL    : Dies of unnatural causes
================================

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours.

   Yoshimi Kitamura
          Research Division for Basic Space Science
   Institute of Space and Astronautical Science
          3-1-1 Yoshinodai, Sagamihara
          Kanagawa 229-8510, Japan
   TEL: (81) 0427-59-8206
   FAX: (81) 0427-59-8209