[daip] aips_gripe

Anil Chandra Seth aseth at rgalp7.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 1 13:05:57 EST 2000

{01-MAR-2000 12:56:51}
{rgalp7       UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
{  191  31DEC99  DEC}
{Anil Seth}
{Smithsonian Astr. Obs., 60 Garden St. MS 42, Cam}
{(617) 496-7662}
{I would like to report a problem with the model calculation and plotting
 in IBLED.  I am trying to plot a model calculated from 4 fields, each with
 less than 125 clean components, these fields were made w/ DO3DIMAG=1 in
 IMAGR.  In 15OCT99 AIPS the model plotted has an amplitude about twice as
 high as expected.  Using 31OCT99 AIPS the model has a more reasonable
 amplitude, however, the model plotted is very different than the same
 model plotted with VPLOT.  The IBLED model has wiggles that exactly oppose
 those that are present in my data - with VPLOT, the model agrees quite well.
 If you would like further information about my inputs, I can send them
 to you in an email.
 Thanks,
 Anil
  }