[daip] tvlab

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Jun 29 18:00:44 EDT 2000

Patrick P. Murphy writes:
 > On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:47:46 -0600, Bryan Butler <bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu> said:
 >
 > > does tvlab only allow one to load into graphics channel 1?
 >
 > Looks like it.  I had a quick glance at the code, and it didn't seem
 > obvious to me how it could be easily extended to use, e.g. GRCHAN.  I
 > traced TVLAB -> TVVEC -> IMVECT and found that it uses IGR from the
 > DTVS.INC (AIPSRC common) for drawing.  Clarification welcome...

        Actually the adverb could be put to use.  The graphics plane
is 2 (green) plus 8 (black background) hardcoded.  It is provided in
AU5B in its call to IAXIS1 and passed down from there.  It is not in
an include - that variable name is used by an include exclusive to TV
slices (DTVS) but is used widely as well throughout aips TV code.

Since it would be easy to offer this option, why don't I work on it.