[daip] Question re: APCAL and cal transfer

Shami Chatterjee shami at spacenet.tn.cornell.edu
Tue Jun 27 12:01:56 EDT 2000

Hi:
I'm working on (yet) another VLBA dataset, which has tens of sources,
including source X, phase referenced to Y.

UVCOP: source X, Y; no timerange.
INDXR;
DTSUM; LISTR: all looks as expected.

run MERGECAL; MERGECAL
- does its thing:
TAMRG1 10:52:14 Start merge to output version   2
TAMRG1 10:52:14 Read         81 rows from GC file version  1
TAMRG1 10:52:14 Wrote         9 rows to GC file version  2
TAMRG1 10:52:16 Read       4823 rows from TY file version  1
TAMRG1 10:52:16 Wrote      4814 rows to TY file version  2
<etc>

APCAL: tyver 2; gcver 2
ella  > APCAL1: GETSOU: COULD NOT FIND DATA FOR SOURCE NO.     1
ella  > APCAL1: AMPCAL: ERROR 11 READING SU TABLE
ella  > APCAL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

UVCOP / INDXR produces an SU table with only source X and Y listed, while
cal transfer gives me TY tables with all sources, confusing APCAL.

In the past, I've ducked this problem by deleting the cal transfer tables
and loading my own with ANTAB, PCLOD, etc. - I'm wondering if there is
some step I'm missing, since cal transfer must be a robust procedure by
now.

Please let me know if there's something obvious I've missed!
Thanks,
Shami