[daip] PC phase cal in AIPS

Robert Mutel robert-mutel at uiowa.edu
Sat Jun 24 18:25:04 EDT 2000

Dear designated AIP:

I am once again stymied by the phase calibration using PC tables for VLBA
reduction. When I last discussed this with AIPS staff in 1998 (Ketan I
think), it was broken and being worked on. I have installed 31DEC99 AIPS and
am reducing VLBA data from April 2000 with attached PC table. I believe I
have followed the cookbook recommendations and have applied the attached PC
table correctly using CLCOR followed by CLCAL. However, the POSSM plots
clearly show that the phase cal didn't work.

My question is: does phase calibration across IFs with the supplied PC
tables work? If so, is there some subtlety involved that I need to be aware
of?

Thanks,

Robert Mutel