[daip] Fxpol troubles..

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jun 19 09:59:04 EDT 2000

Chris,

May I ask you to look the problem?

Thanks

Leonia
----- Begin Included Message -----

>From desmurs at sauterne.oan.es Mon Jun 19 02:49 MDT 2000
From: Jean-Francois Desmurs <desmurs at oan.es>
Subject: Fxpol troubles..
To: lkogan at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:45:56 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Dr. Kogan,

I'm starting the reduction of my project ED009 (Nov98, line experiments
observed with the EVN in dual polarization and correlated at Socorro)
and I have a problem with the labeling of polarization axes.

As usual when I download the data, the polarization appears to be two
separated IFs, normally this is corrected running the task FXPOL.

Well in my case, after running FXPOL I obtained 1 IF and two
polarization axes but these axes are label: LL and RL (and not LL and
RR).  I tried different version of AIPS and the problem persists.  I
tried to corrected by hand using GETHEAD/PUTHEAD but all the CTYPEn are
empty.

I know that one antenna (Onsala) observed just one polarization, is
this can be the source of the problem? How can I correct the label of
the second polarization axes?

Thank you very much by advance for your answer.
Sincerely yours,
J-F Desmurs

Jean-Francois DESMURS                 TTI Norte S.L. / OAN
Post-Doc                                   Apartado 1143
email : desmurs at oan.es               28800 Alcala de Henares
Phone: (34) 918 85 50 60  Fax: (34) 918 85 50 62