[daip] problem with installing aips

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Tue Jun 13 12:57:15 EDT 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:57:46 -0400 (EDT), Nik Williams
   <nik at aragorn.ncssm.edu> said:

> I am working with Dr. Keohane at the North Carolina School of Science
> and Math, and I we are trying to install AIPS so that we can work with
> some VLA data that Dr. Keohane was awarded.  The install seems to hand
> up and completely fail when it runs the FTPGET script.

What version are you installing?  If it's 31DEC99, there are no binaries.
We change the 31DEC99 version on an almost daily basis, so it's not
feasible to offer frozen binaries for it.

If you're having difficulty with the 15OCT99 binaries, please let me know
(a) when exactly you tried, and (b) what IP address you were running
INSTEP1 and FTPGET on.  I'll check the logs on this end to see if there's
a problem with the server.

				- Pat