[daip] problem with installing aips

Nik Williams nik at aragorn.ncssm.edu
Tue Jun 13 11:57:46 EDT 2000

I am working with Dr. Keohane at the North Carolina School of Science
and Math, and I we are trying to install AIPS so that we can work with
some VLA data that Dr. Keohane was awarded.  The install seems to hand up
and completely fail when it runs the FTPGET script.  I have manualy
created all of the directories that the script would have, but I can not
find the files that the script was trying to download on the aips.nrao.edu
ftp site.  Am I just not looking in the right place or are they just not
there?  I am looking for the Linux binaries.

Thanks for your time.

--nik